- Flood Warning issued May 23 at 8:33PM CDT until May 28 at 10:13PM CDT by NWS
- Effective: 8:33 p.m. on Saturday, May 23, 2015
- Expires: 10:13 p.m. on Thursday, May 28, 2015
...The National Weather Service in Springfield has issued a Flood
Warning for the following rivers in Kansas...Missouri...
Little Osage River at Fulton affecting Bourbon County.
Marmaton River near Nevada affecting Vernon County.
...Forecast Flooding Changed from Minor to Moderate Severity for the
following rivers in Missouri...
The Little Osage River near Horton affecting Vernon County
.This warning is based on future forecast precipitation amounts of
1.5 to 2.5 inches during the next 24 hours near the river basins.
If conditions warrant...additional rises or falls may occur based on
future precipitation and runoff.
...For the Little Osage River near Horton...
* At 7:45 PM Saturday The stage was 35.7 feet.
* Flood stage is 41.0 feet.
* Moderate flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...The river will rise above flood stage by tomorrow early
afternoon and continue to rise to near 45.5 feet by Tuesday early
afternoon. The river will fall below flood stage by Wednesday
* Impact...At 45.0 feet...Moderate flooding begins at the gage site.
FLOOD OBSERVED FORECAST 7 AM
LOCATION STAGE STAGE DAY TIME Sun Mon Tue
Little Osage River Basin
Horton 41 35.7 Sat 08 PM 44.9 45.0 44.0
- See more at NOAA