- Flood Warning issued May 30 at 9:01PM CDT until June 04 at 2:30AM CDT by NWS
- Effective: 9:01 p.m. on Monday, May 30, 2016
- Expires: 2:30 a.m. on Saturday, June 4, 2016
...The flood warning continues for the following rivers in
Mississippi River at Chester
The Flood Warning continues for
the Mississippi River at Chester
* from late tonight to late Friday night.
* At 8:30 PM Monday the stage was 26.2 feet.
* Flood stage is 27.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* The river is forecast to rise above flood stage by early tomorrow
and to crest near 28.0 feet by Wednesday morning. The river will
fall below flood stage by early Friday morning.
* Impact: At 28.0 feet...Unleveed islands near Chester and the prison
* Impact: At 27.0 feet...Flood Stage. Unprotected farmland on right
bank begins to flood.
* Impact: At 25.0 feet...Degognia Fountain Bluff Levee gates are
Fld Latest 7 a.m. Forecast
LOCATION Stg Obs Stg 05/31 06/01 06/02 06/03 06/04
Chester 27.0 26.17 27.1 28.0 27.8 26.7 24.8
- See more at NOAA