- Flood Warning issued May 28 at 8:46PM CDT until June 01 at 7:55AM CDT by NWS
- Effective: 8:46 p.m. on Saturday, May 28, 2016
- Expires: 7:55 a.m. on Wednesday, June 1, 2016
...The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers in Kansas...
Kansas River at 23rd Street affecting Wyandotte County.
Big Creek at Blairstown affecting Cass...Henry and Johnson Counties.
Blackwater River near Blue Lick affecting Cooper and Saline
Grand River near Chillicothe affecting Linn and Livingston Counties.
Grand River near Sumner affecting Carroll...Chariton...Linn and
Grand River near Brunswick affecting Carroll and Chariton Counties.
Marais Des Cygnes River at Osawatomie affecting Miami County.
Marais Des Cygnes River at La Cygne affecting Linn County.
Platte River near Agency affecting Buchanan County.
Platte River At Sharps Station affecting Platte County.
Platte River near Platte City affecting Platte County.
Stranger Creek near Tonganoxie affecting Leavenworth County.
The Flood Warning continues for
The Platte River near Platte City.
* until Wednesday morning.
* At 10:51 AM Saturday the stage was 26.2 feet.
* Flood stage is 20.0 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring and Moderate flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...The river will continue rising to near 26.3 feet by
early Sunday morning. The river will fall below flood stage Tuesday
* At 25.0 feet...Water overtops 1st Street in Tracy, Missouri.
* At 22.0 feet...Flooding occurs at Humphreys Access Area which is
located 5 miles downstream from Platte City. 300 acres of pasture
are also flooded.
* At 20.0 feet...Cropland near State Highway 92 near Platte City
begins to flood.
Location FS Stage Day/Time Forecast
Platte City 20 26.2 Sat 11 AM 26.3 early Sunday morning
- See more at NOAA