- Flash Flood Watch issued May 20 at 6:15AM CDT until May 20 at 7:00PM CDT by NWS
- Effective: 6:15 a.m. on Saturday, May 20, 2017
- Expires: 7 p.m. on Saturday, May 20, 2017
...HEAVY RAINFALL EXPECTED ACROSS PORTIONS OF NORTHEAST ARKANSAS
AND THE MISSOURI BOOTHEEL TODAY...
.Up to five inches of rain has already fallen across portions of
East Arkansas with several more inches possible today.
Thunderstorms along and ahead of a cold front are expected to
backbuild and track over the same locations across East Arkansas
into the Missouri Bootheel.
...FLASH FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT THROUGH THIS EVENING...
The National Weather Service in Memphis has issued a
* Flash Flood Watch for portions of East Arkansas and Southeast
Missouri, including the following areas, in East Arkansas,
Clay, Craighead, Greene, Lawrence, Mississippi, Poinsett, and
Randolph. In Southeast Missouri, Dunklin and Pemiscot.
* Through this evening
* Heavy Rain and thunderstorms
* Recent rainfall has saturated soils across the watch area. Any
additional heavy rainfall may result in the potential for flash
flooding and subsequent river flooding. Numerous roadways
throughout the area may be impacted and closed.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should Flash Flood Warnings be issued.
- See more at NOAA