- Flash Flood Watch issued July 26 at 3:31PM CDT until July 27 at 7:00AM CDT by NWS
- Effective: 4 p.m. on Wednesday, July 26, 2017
- Expires: 7 a.m. on Thursday, July 27, 2017
...Period of Heavy Rain Anticipated Over Northern Missouri
...FLASH FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT THROUGH THURSDAY MORNING...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* Portions of north central Missouri, northeast Missouri, and
northwest Missouri, including the following areas, in north
central Missouri, Daviess, Grundy, Harrison, Linn MO,
Livingston, Macon, Mercer, Putnam, and Sullivan. In northeast
Missouri, Adair and Schuyler. In northwest Missouri, Andrew,
Atchison MO, De Kalb, Gentry, Holt, Nodaway, and Worth.
* Through Thursday morning
* Thunderstorms with very heavy rain are possible this evening and
overnight with rainfall rates that may exceed 2 to 3 inches per
hour in the heaviest storms. Total rainfall amounts of 1 to 3
inches are possible, with locally higher amounts.
* Excessive rainfall may result in flooding of low-lying or poor
drainage areas...creeks and streams...as well as urban areas.
In addition to the flash flood hazard...rising river levels
are also possible.
- See more at NOAA