- Flood Warning issued May 27 at 9:30AM CDT until further notice by NWS
- Effective: 9:30 a.m. on Friday, May 27, 2016
- Expires: 9:30 a.m. on Saturday, May 28, 2016
...The National Weather Service in St. Louis has issued a Flood
Warning for the following rivers in Missouri...
Missouri River affecting Jefferson City...Chamois...Gasconade...
.This Flood Warning is a result of 1 to 4 inches of precipitation
across the basin the past 24 hours and up to 1 inch forecast in the
next 24 hours...
The National Weather Service in St. Louis has issued a
* Flood Warning for
the Missouri River at Jefferson City
* from Sunday morning until further notice.
* At 8:45 AM Friday the stage was 16.3 feet.
* Flood stage is 23.0 feet.
* Moderate flooding is forecast.
* The river is forecast to rise above flood stage by Sunday morning
and continue to crest near 28.2 feet by Tuesday evening.
* Impact: At 28.0 feet...Walnut Street just southwest of U.S. Highway
50/63 begins flooding.
* Impact: At 27.0 feet...Near this height, Highway 94 near Portland
* Impact: At 26.6 feet...The Katy Trail floods near Wilton.
* Impact: At 26.5 feet...The Katy Trail floods near Easley.
* Impact: At 26.3 feet...State Route 179 near Sandy Hook is closed
due to flooding. Also, State Highway K one mile east of McBaine in
Boone County is closed.
* Impact: At 26.0 feet...Pumping from a ditch in Hartsburg, MO
begins. At this height...numerous county roads near McBaine...
Easley...and Ashland are flooded. These include Coats Lane...
Grocery Branch...Burr Oak...Old Plank...Harold Cunningham...Fox
Hollow...Cedar Tree...Jemerson Creek...Christian School...
Claysville...and Soft Pit Hill Roads.
* Impact: At 25.0 feet...The levee protecting McBaine is breached
near this height.
* Impact: At 24.5 feet...The Katy Trail Floods near Rocheport.
* Impact: At 23.9 feet...Easley River Road is closed along the river
* Impact: At 23.5 feet...Near this height...Smith Hatchery is closed
south of Coopers Landing and Providence Landing cannot be reached.
* Impact: At 23.0 feet...Flood Stage. Minor flooding begins.
* Impact: At 20.0 feet...The River Banks begin to overflow.
Fld Latest 7 a.m. Forecast
LOCATION Stg Obs Stg 05/28 05/29 05/30 05/31 06/01
Jefferson City 23.0 16.27 17.5 23.2 26.5 28.0 27.9
- See more at NOAA