- Red Flag Warning issued October 22 at 12:12PM CDT until October 22 at 5:00PM CDT by NWS
- Effective: 12:12 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 22, 2017
- Expires: 5 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 22, 2017
...Critical fire weather conditions expected for parts of the area
through early this afternoon...
.The combination of west to southwest winds gusting to 30 mph and
relative humidity at or below 15 percent will create critical fire
weather conditions for the next several hours, mainly along the
Colorado Kansas border area.
...RED FLAG WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 PM MDT /5 PM CDT/ THIS
AFTERNOON FOR WIND AND LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY FOR FIRE WEATHER
ZONES 001...013...027...079 AND 253...
The National Weather Service in Goodland has issued a Red Flag
Warning for wind and low relative humidity, which is in effect
until 4 PM MDT /5 PM CDT/ this afternoon.
* Affected Area...In Colorado...Fire Weather Zone 253 Kit
Carson. In Kansas...Fire Weather Zone 001 Cheyenne...Fire
Weather Zone 013 Sherman and Fire Weather Zone 027 Wallace. In
Nebraska...Fire Weather Zone 079 Dundy.
* Winds...West 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* Relative Humidity...As low as 13 percent.
* Impacts...Any fires that start will have extreme fire behavior
and spread rapidly. Outdoor burning is not advised.
- See more at NOAA