- Special Weather Statement issued October 14 at 6:59PM CDT by NWS
- Effective: 6 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 14, 2017
- Expires: 7:45 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 14, 2017
The National Weather Service in Wichita has issued a
* Significant Weather Advisory for...
Southeastern Butler County in south central Kansas...
Northeastern Cowley County in south central Kansas...
Northwestern Chautauqua County in southeastern Kansas...
Southwestern Elk County in southeastern Kansas...
* Until 745 PM CDT
* At 657 PM CDT...National Weather Service meteorologists were
tracking a strong thunderstorm near Burden, or 6 miles northeast of
Winfield...moving northeast at 60 mph.
wind gusts up to 55 mph will be possible with this storm.
* Locations impacted include...
Burden, Dexter, Grenola, Atlanta, Latham, Cambridge and Winfield
A severe thunderstorm watch remains in effect until midnight CDT for
south central and southeastern Kansas.
- See more at NOAA