- Special Weather Statement issued June 15 at 8:46PM CDT until June 16 at 2:00AM CDT by NWS
- Effective: 8:46 p.m. on Thursday, June 15, 2017
- Expires: 2 a.m. on Friday, June 16, 2017
The National Weather Service in Wichita has issued a
* Significant Weather Advisory for...
Montgomery County in southeastern Kansas...
Southern Wilson County in southeastern Kansas...
Chautauqua County in southeastern Kansas...
Southern Elk County in southeastern Kansas...
* Until 945 PM CDT
* At 844 PM CDT...National Weather Service meteorologists were
tracking strong thunderstorms along a line extending from near
Neodesha to 6 miles south of Grenola...and moving southeast at 30
hail up to the size of dimes...and wind gusts up to 55 mph will be
possible with these storms.
* Locations impacted include...
Coffeyville, Independence, Neodesha, Cherryvale, Caney, Sedan,
Cedar Vale, Dearing, Altoona, Moline, Longton, Elk City, Tyro,
Grenola, Peru, Liberty, Chautauqua, Elk Falls, Havana and Elgin.
A severe thunderstorm watch remains in effect until 200 AM CDT for
- See more at NOAA