- Special Weather Statement issued October 21 at 7:59PM CDT by NWS
- Effective: 1 a.m. on Sunday, Oct. 22, 2017
- Expires: 9 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 21, 2017
The National Weather Service in Wichita has issued a
* Significant Weather Advisory for...
Southeastern Cowley County in south central Kansas...
Chautauqua County in southeastern Kansas...
* Until 900 PM CDT
* At 757 PM CDT...National Weather Service meteorologists were
tracking a strong thunderstorm near Grainola, or 9 miles south of
Cedar Vale...moving northeast at 45 mph.
wind gusts up to 50 mph will be possible with this storm.
* Locations impacted include...
Sedan, Cedar Vale, Peru, Chautauqua, Elgin, Niotaze and Hale.
A severe thunderstorm watch remains in effect until 1000 PM CDT for
south central and southeastern Kansas.
- See more at NOAA