- Flood Warning issued August 16 at 2:02PM CDT until August 17 at 1:00PM CDT by NWS
- Effective: 2:02 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 16, 2013
- Expires: 1 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 17, 2013
...The Flood Warning continues for the following river in Kansas...
Arkansas River At Arkansas City affecting Cowley County.
The Flood Warning continues for
The Arkansas River At Arkansas City.
* At 1:46 PM Friday the stage was 17.2 feet and rising.
* Flood stage is 17.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...The river will continue rising to near 17.2 feet by this
evening and will fall below flood stage early Saturday
* Impact...At 17.0 feet...Flooding of agricultural lands can be
expected with bank overflows on west side of river. West Chestnut
Avenue west of the river floods.
FLD OBSERVED FORECAST 7 AM
Location STG STG DAY TIME Sat Sun Mon
Arkansas City 17.0 17.2 Fri 2 PM 16.8 15.8 14.7
- See more at NOAA