- Flood Warning issued December 15 at 7:42PM CST until December 16 at 10:00PM CST by NWS
- Effective: 7:42 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 15, 2015
- Expires: 10 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 16, 2015
...The flood warning continues for the following river in Kansas...
Arkansas River At Arkansas City affecting Cowley County.
The Flood Warning continues for
The Arkansas River At Arkansas City.
* Until Wednesday evening.
* At 7:00 PM Tuesday the stage was 12.1 feet.
* Flood stage is 11.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...The river will continue to fall to below flood stage by
late Wednesday morning.
* Impact...At 11.0 feet...Flooding of agricultural lands can be
expected with bank overflows on west side of river. West Chestnut
Avenue west of the river floods.
FLD OBSERVED FORECAST 6 PM
Location STG STG DAY TIME Wed Thu Fri
Arkansas City 11.0 12.1 Tue 07 PM 10.2 8.6 7.1
- See more at NOAA