- Flood Warning issued July 07 at 7:57PM CDT until July 10 at 11:30PM CDT by NWS
- Effective: 7:57 p.m. on Tuesday, July 7, 2015
- Expires: 11:30 p.m. on Friday, July 10, 2015
...The National Weather Service in Springfield has issued a Flood
Warning for the following rivers in Kansas...
Spring River above Baxter Springs affecting Cherokee County.
.This warning is based on future forecast precipitation amounts of
two to four inches from late this evening through Wednesday near the
river basin.If conditions warrant...additional rises or falls may
occur based on future precipitation and runoff.
* From Thursday morning...until further notice.
...For the Spring River above Baxter Springs...
* At 7:30 PM Tuesday The stage was 7.4 feet.
* Flood stage is 14.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...The river will rise above flood stage by late Thursday
morning and continue to rise to near 14.6 feet by Thursday early
afternoon. The river will fall below flood stage by Thursday before
* Impact...At 14.5 feet...The north end of Kiwanis Park floods.
FLOOD OBSERVED FORECAST 7 AM
LOCATION STAGE STAGE DAY TIME Wed Thu Fri
Spring River Basin
Baxter Springs 14 7.4 Tue 07 PM 13.6 12.6 7.6
- See more at NOAA