Stephen Montemayor Community Sports Editor
Stephen Montemayor is community sports editor for The World Company's weekly newspapers and websites in Northeast Kansas. Stephen previously worked as a reporter and photographer for The Shawnee Dispatch. Prior to joining the company, Stephen served as editor-in-chief, sports editor and a reporter during five semesters with The University Daily Kansan at Kansas University. You can follow Stephen on Twitter at @smontemayor.
- Kansas Turnpike fatal crash truck driver asleep at wheel, manager says
- April 2, 2014
- The 30-year-old Aurora, Colo., man who died when his tractor-trailer crashed into a Kansas Turnpike toll plaza early Saturday morning appeared to be asleep in photos taken just before the crash, his manager said Tuesday from California.
- Montemayor: For teens on the football field, stakes are higher than we imagined
- January 12, 2012
- More attention being given to football’s effects on the “fragile teenage brain.”
- Shawnee funeral home fills pet cremation niche
- August 18, 2011
- In a Kansas City, Kan., home that has been filled with dogs and cats through the years, Alexander had the most stories, the Wings figure.
- Hopefuls bring song, dance, a few nerves to auditions
- March 30, 2011
- Before auditions for Theatre in the Park’s 42nd season began Saturday morning, more than 1,000 people — a record by Theatre officials’ estimation — had signed up to vie for a spot in one of the season’s four shows.
- Possible record number of snow days squeezes calendars
- February 9, 2011
- Before this week, Shawnee Mission USD 512 and De Soto USD 232 had used more inclement weather days than they had in at least the past 28 years.