Shaun Hittle Staff Writer
Shaun Hittle is a staff writer with the Lawrence Journal-World
- Assistance dogs trained in Kansas provide gift of independence
- 09:50 p.m., January 23, 2012 Updated 12:00 a.m.
- Washington, population 1,100, is one of the small Kansas towns not far from the Nebraska border along Kansas Highway 36, in the north-central part of the state.
- Chances of escapees remaining free are slim, past history shows
- November 17, 2011
- The odds of remaining free for long are against two Kansas inmates who escaped from the Lansing Correctional Facility Tuesday evening.
- Businesses hope to increase dredging along Kansas River; environmentalists warn process is destructive
- 04:47 p.m., November 15, 2011 Updated 12:00 a.m.
- Several area companies hope to increase the amount of sand and gravel dredged from the Kansas River by 1 million tons per year.
- Tonganoxie nonprofit agrees not to use term ‘Purple Heart’ and will pay official organization $5,000
- September 9, 2011
- The Tonganoxie-based nonprofit Purple Heart Veterans Foundation can no longer use the term “Purple Heart,” according to a Consent Decree and Order filed in federal court Thursday.
- Concerns raised about overhead costs of Tonganoxie-based nonprofit Purple Heart Veterans Foundation
- August 7, 2011
- Is Andrew Gruber operating a well-orchestrated, multistate scheme for his and his family’s benefit? Or is his work a well-meaning — but inefficient — attempt to help others?