Mark Fagan is a staff writer for the Lawrence Journal-World
- World Company hires V.P. of sales, marketing
- August 3, 2011
- The new vice president of sales and marketing for The World Company’s media division is ready to grow the marketability of the Lawrence company’s newspapers and websites.
- North Lawrence interchange near Kansas Turnpike to reopen Wednesday
- October 5, 2010
- Six months of waiting finally ends Wednesday morning for drivers who enter and exit the Kansas Turnpike in North Lawrence.
- Fields of gold
- August 24, 2010
- Sunflower time again for Grinter family
- 5 county transportation study victim of state budget cuts
- 11:08 a.m., November 27, 2009 Updated 11:08 a.m.
- Study was looking at future needs of metropolitan area counties.
- Competition to be ‘intense’ for stimulus projects
- May 7, 2009
- With millions of dollars pouring into road and repair projects throughout the country, state and northeast Kansas, contractors suddenly are being called upon to lift the country out of its economic pothole.
- Victims of plane crash identified
- 12:00 a.m., June 25, 2008 Updated 09:04 p.m.
- Federal aviation officials will work Wednesday in a southern Leavenworth County field, trying to determine the cause of a small-plane crash that killed two people Tuesday morning.
- Two believed dead in small-plane crash south of Tonganoxie
- 11:55 a.m., June 24, 2008 Updated 09:17 p.m.
- Two people are believed to have died Tuesday morning in a small plane crash south of Tonganoxie, an official at Lawrence Municipal Airport said.
- Plenty of kid-friendly attractions available in region
- May 24, 2008
- OK, so you’ve seen enough Dora the Explorer to turn into the Grumpy Old Troll, and - even after listening to all 27 albums/videos/DVDs of the Wiggles - the kids are still bouncing off the walls.
- Battles waged as food prices increase
- March 11, 2008
- Whether it’s price trackers or coupon clippers in Shawnee, a gardener in Baldwin City or buying-cooperative members in Tonganoxie, folks are finding ways to soothe the economic indigestion brought on by increasing food prices.
- Proposed prison could boost area economy
- February 14, 2008
LEAVENWORTH - Anticipated construction of a new medium-security federal prison in Leavenworth would be welcome news for the area as the economy continues to slow.