Laura Herring covers De Soto news and sports
- Dearwester selected to fill empty board seat
- November 10, 2010
- There’s a new face and fresh perspective on the De Soto USD 232 Board of Education roster.
- Eilert ready to tackle job growth in county
- November 3, 2010
- Ed Eilert defeated incumbent Annabeth Surbaugh with 83,793 votes to her 76,025 to win election as Johnson County Commission chairman.
- USD 232 to fill seat on Nov. 8
- October 27, 2010
- De Soto USD 232 Board of Education members make tough decisions each meeting. On Nov. 8, the six members will add a seventh member to fill the vacant Position 5 seat.
- Debate among JoCo chairman candidates focuses on spending
- September 28, 2010
- Johnson County Commission chairwoman Annabeth Surbaugh and her opponent for the seat, Commissioner Ed Eilert, continued to debate county spending during a joint appearance Tuesday.
- Economy weighs heavy in County Commission chair race
- July 27, 2010
- As is the case with most people during this rough, economic time, money is on the minds of the candidates for Johnson County Commission chair.
- De Soto’s new Journo
- June 16, 2010
- My name is Laura Herring and I am a new journo for www.desotoexplorer.com. Is something important happening in the community? Let me know. Call me at (913) 585-1616 or e-mail me at email@example.com.