Kaitlyn Syring is a staff reporter for Basehor. She is a University of Kansas graduate.
- Sampler success
- Festival attracts record crowd to area
- May 5, 2010
- Rain and small hail that moved Sunday through Leavenworth didn’t seem to dampen the overall spirit of the Kansas Sampler Festival’s debut in Leavenworth County.
- Extension office settling into new digs
- May 4, 2010
- After three moves during her 20 years with the Leavenworth County Extension Office, Denise Sullivan is hoping this will be the last.
- Leavenworth County kicks off 2010 Kansas Sampler Festival
- May 1, 2010
- Before the first visitors arrived Saturday at the 2010 Kansas Sampler Festival, organizers were touting the event as the biggest and best yet.
- Former Basehor-Linwood teacher to serve two days in jail in sex case
- April 14, 2010
- A former Basehor-Linwood High School teacher will serve two days in jail for inappropriate sexual relations with a student.
- Basehor supermarket closes seven months after opening
- March 4, 2010
- A supermarket in Basehor once viewed as a possible model for a new store in De Soto is closing just seven months after it opened.
- Review board hears new casino proposal for Wyandotte County
- September 17, 2009
- The Kansas Lottery Commission, Kansas Entertainment LLC and the Unified Government of Wyandotte County presented a single casino proposal Tuesday to the Kansas Lottery Gaming Facility Review Board, instead of the expected two.
- Seniors reluction to join Internet social network
- August 27, 2009
- In recent years, social networking Web sites such as facebook, MySpace and Twitter have exploded into the online arena, drawing users from a vast demographic. In this area, though, one demographic groups seems to keep from jumping on the Internet communication bandwagon: senior citizens.
- Considering career change? Take time for research
- July 15, 2009
- Starting a new career requires time and thorough research, advises department heads at several area schools.