Weekend road work planned for metro highways
The Kansas Department of Transportation is reminding drivers that the summer road work season isn't over yet. Drivers are warned to expect delays due to the following weekend projects:
- Interstate 35 will be reduced to one lane in both directions from 135th Street to 119th Street, beginning tonight at 10 p.m. and re-opening at 5:30 a.m. on Monday, Aug. 22.
- United States Highway 69 will be reduced to one lane, both north and southbound, from Interstate 435 to College Boulevard, beginning tonight at 8 p.m. and re-opening at 5 a.m. on Monday, Aug. 22.
- The ramp from westbound I-435 to southbound US-69 will be closed.
- The ramp from eastbound I-435 to southbound US-69 will be closed.
- The ramp from southbound US-69 to College Boulevard will be closed.
All projects are expected to be completed on Monday, Aug. 22.