Also from April 25
- Fort Leavenworth historic tour is May 5
- April 25, 2012
- Many historical homes and famous sites of Fort Leavenworth will be open to the public during the 35th annual Fort Leavenworth Historic Homes Tour 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. May 5.
- A look inside the landfill
- Variety of activity — even wildlife — abounds inside the nearly 1,000-acre site
- April 25, 2012 in print edition on A1
- Behind the steep berms hiding it from public view, the Johnson County Landfill is home to both arid moon-like landscapes and lush green pockets teeming with wildlife. The Dispatch takes you on a photo tour of the largest landfill of its kind in the Midwest.