Overheated equipment sparks blaze at Eudora Dairy Queen
Overheated equipment inside the Dairy Queen in Eudora caused a fire early Thursday morning, and the business sustained interior damage, Eudora Police Chief Grady Walker said.
Walker said accidental blaze started when a cone-dipping machine apparently overheated. No one was inside the building, 1502 Church St., when fire crews and officers arrived about 4:30 a.m., he said.
“There’s lots of interior damage, so they’ll be closed for awhile to redo that,” Walker said.