Winter storm watch in effect for Johnson County Friday night
The National Weather Service has issued a winter storm watch effective Friday evening through Sunday afternoon.
A strong cold front pushing through the area is expected to dump some precipitation in northeast Kansas. Accumulations of two to five inches of snow are expected. The precipitation should start as rain Friday afternoon, changing over to snow into the evening hours.
The heaviest amounts of snow are expected in west central Missouri and east central Kansas. The weather service advises that the snow will make the roads slick and hazardous so motorists should be extremely cautions when driving.
The heavy snow combined with strong winds could make travel hazardous.
More like this story
- Winter storm warning for Christmas Eve, Christmas day
- Winter storm watch in effect early Monday morning through 6 a.m. Wednesday for area counties
- NWS issues winter storm warning for region; 3-6 inches of sleet and snow possible
- Winter storm upgraded to blizzard
- National Weather Service issues tornado watch, other advisories