Kayak workshop offered
Families can learn the basics of flatwater kayaking in an introductory workshop offered twice in mid-May at Shawnee Mission Park by the Johnson County Park & Recreation District.
Family Kayak Lessons are for ages 10 and up and are designed for beginners. The program will feature a combination of lecture and hands-on experience. Topics to be covered include safety, equipment and stroke techniques.
One program is offered on May 11, while another will take place May 12. Both classes begin at 6 p.m. at the Shawnee Mission Park boat ramp, 7900 Renner Road.
Cost for one two-and-one-half-hour session is $15 for county residents or $16 for nonresidents.
For more information or to register, call (913) 831-3359 or visit jcprd.com.
More like this story
- Dad of batboy, 9, who died, supports batboy tradition
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Use of batboys and girls suspended after 9-year-old's death
- Kansas Chamber: Governor's order sufficient on gay marriage
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues