Lawrence woman, Olathe man die in deadly K10 accident near De Soto
A Lawrence woman and an Olathe man are both dead after an early morning, two-vehicle, head-on crash west of De Soto on Kansas Highway 10, according to the Kansas Highway Patrol.
Kara Louise Morgan, 26, of Lawrence, at 3 a.m. Saturday was driving a 2003 Volkswagen Jetta east in the westbound lanes about 2 miles west of De Soto, the report said. The car then struck a 2000 Toyota Camry, driving westbound by Eric Tyler Sill, 20, of Olathe, according to the KHP report.
Both drivers were taken to KU Hospital in Kansas City, Kan., where they were later pronounced dead. Authorities said both drivers were wearing seat belts. The KHP did not release further details Saturday morning.
Check back late for updates.
More like this story
- Kansas Highway Patrol identifies Eudora woman, Missouri man as two injured in Thursday's K-10 accident, near DeSoto
- Two Johnson County residents injured in median cross-over crash on K-10
- 1 woman killed, 3 people injured in Monday morning's K-10 accident
- Deadly accident spurs calls to make K-10 safer
- Three killed in violent car accident near intersection of Leavenworth County Road 1, Kansas Highway 32