Leavenworth, Wyandotte, Johnson counties under tornado watch
The National Weather Service in Pleasant Hill, Mo., issued a tornado watch just after 3 p.m. Wednesday for Leavenworth, Wyandotte and Johnson counties effective until 10 p.m.
Several north central and northeast Kansas counties are under tornado watches. And, four counties near or along the state's northern border, Atchison, Brown, Nemaha and Marshall, were under tornado warnings Wednesday afternoon.
More like this story
- Flash flood watch issued for Leavenworth, Wyandotte, Johnson counties
- Leavenworth, Wyandotte, Johnson counties in flash flood advisory
- Leavenworth, Wyandotte, Johnson counties under flash flood watch
- Thunderstorm watch until 3 a.m. and flash flood watch until 7 a.m. for select local counties
- Several northeast Kansas counties under severe thunderstorm watch