Letter: Consider candidate qualities
As we consider the 11 candidates for the two De Soto City Council positions to be contested this spring, we De Soto residents should consider what qualities should we look for in our local council representatives.
I think we should look for someone who possesses:
• Knowledge of the community and its needs
• An understanding of council services, policies, regulations and official procedures
• The knowledge of our economic, social and cultural aspects of De Soto
• Skill in researching and evaluating information
• Good decision-making ability
• Basic math skills
Successful council members should also be:
• Outgoing, persuasive and responsible
• Ability to gain people’s trust
• Ability to relate to people from other cultures and lifestyles
• Good at working in a team
How you vote in the March 3 primary and April 7 general election will determine De Soto’s future.