Head Start accepting applications
Head Start is accepting applications for enrollment for the 2009-2010 school year by appointment at Harmony Early Childhood Center and Heartland Early Childhood Center. It is a federally funded preschool program at no cost for income-eligible families. To be eligible for the Head Start program, the following requirements must be met:
• A child must be at least 3 years of age by Aug, 31, 2009.
• Income of the parents must meet current income guidelines.
• Parents must live within the boundaries of Johnson County, including the school districts of Olathe, Gardner-Edgerton, DeSoto, Spring Hill, and Blue Valley.
Parents need to present the following information for enrollment.
• Income verification: Income Tax Return forms (including all W-2s), employer’s letter, SRS printout, and/or child support verification.
• Child’s birth certificate or other appropriate verification.
• Child’s immunization records.
For more information, call (913) 780-7418 or 780-8172 or 780-7746.