Winter storm spares De Soto
Tuesday's winter storm proved to be less than feared.
Snow and bitter cold winds prompted De Soto USD 232 officials to use the district first snow day Wednesday.
Meanwhile, city officials said the half-inch to inch of snow that fell in the city caused few concerns. De Soto City Administrator Pat Guilfoyle said crews were out clearing and treating roads until midnight and another crew came on at 5:50 a.m.
City street supervisor Ron Creason said the effort was routine. The city has secured a good early season supply of salt, he said.
More like this story
- Shawnee Mission USD 512, De Soto USD 232 call off school Wednesday
- Winter storm warning gives way to blizzard warning
- Basehor snow plow crew clears path, hopefully into spring
- Winter storm watch in effect early Monday morning through 6 a.m. Wednesday for area counties
- Winter advisory continues into Christmas night