Winter storm warning issued for area
Area counties are among 61 across the state in a winter storm warning.
Leavenworth, Wyandotte, Douglas and Jefferson counties are among those in a winter storm warning. The National Weather Service has issued the warning effective at midnight tonight through 6 a.m. Wednesday.
The storm has the potential to bring snowfall of 8 inches to in excess of a foot of snow.
Snow is expected to develop across northeast Kansas and northwest Missouri spreading to the east Tuesday morning.
More like this story
- Leavenworth, Wyandotte, Johnson, Jefferson counties among those in winter storm warning
- Winter storm watch in effect early Monday morning through 6 a.m. Wednesday for area counties
- NWS issues winter storm warning for region; 3-6 inches of sleet and snow possible
- Winter storm watch in effect for Johnson County Friday night
- Winter storm warning gives way to blizzard warning