Also from March 18
- Preparing for the worst
- Lenexa police use Mill Creek to train for school shooter
- March 18, 2008
- Shots rang out Friday in the hallways of Mill Creek Middle School. But it wasn’t another nightmarish school shooting - it was police training. The Lenexa Police Department used the student holiday to train its officers and Mill Creek teachers how to react to a school shooting. “This is training for the Police Department because a lot of officers don’t have a lot of exposure to the schools,” said Jay Richards, school resource officer at Mill Creek. “There’s only one reason why a person brings a gun into a school and that’s to kill kids, to kill people.”
- Teacher awaits call to serve country
- 06:51 p.m., March 18, 2008 Updated 04:03 p.m.
- De Soto High School journalism teacher Mike Sullivan balances serving his country with teaching his students.