Research and Extension council elected, committees formed
Johnson County K-State Research and Extension council elections were Oct. 3. Twelve Johnson County residents were elected to serve two-year terms. The 24-member council is divided into four Program Development Committees. These committees help determine relevant educational programs, which are administered by Extension. The four PDCs work with Extension's agents to determine local needs and assist in the planning and implementation of Extension educational programs.
Newly elected council members for 2008-09 are:
- Agriculture and Natural Resources: Glenn Bonar, Gardner; Lawrence Dolci, Overland Park; and Steven F. Ohmes, Lenexa.
- Family and Consumer Sciences: Cindy Cherry, Olathe; Madge Regan, Overland Park; and Jessica Welch, Lenexa.
- Youth Development and 4-H: Monica Forshey, De Soto; Patricia Gay, Gardner; and Karen Zimmerman, De Soto.
- Community Economic Development: Fran Lemery, Prairie Village; Paul Reiff, Overland Park; and Kelly Scanlon, Overland Park;
Council members returning to fulfill their commitment through 2008 are:
- Agriculture and Natural Resources: Julie Elfving, Olathe; Tim Luginsland, Lenexa; and Tim Schaid, Olathe.
- Family and Consumer Sciences: George F. Berry, Overland Park; Charles Strobel, Overland Park; and Miranda Wilhelm, Shawnee.
- Youth Development and 4-H: Karen Allison, Spring Hill; Matthew Meek, Spring Hill; and Kayte Bullock Price, Stilwell.
- Community Development: Zeny Bustillo-Schmidt, Olathe; Mike Kenny, Overland Park; and Rob Mortko, Olathe;
From this 24-member Extension Council, nine members will be elected to serve on the board. Board elections will be at Extension's annual meeting, October 23. The nine-member board is the governing body that decides policy for Johnson County Extension. Monthly board meetings are open to the public and are at the Johnson County Extension office at 11811 South Sunset Drive, Suite 1500, in Olathe. For more information, please contact the Extension office at (913) 715-7000.