De Soto Days Festival schedule of events
Schedule of Events
Thursday, Aug. 30:
- Carnival Wristband Night, Miller Park, 6 to 10 p.m.
Cost: $18 per person, purchase a wristband and ride all of the rides
- MIller Park food booths, 6 to 10 p.m.
- Specialty cars at Miller Park, 6 p.m.
Majestic Car club with six specialty cars on display.
- Trio Aztlen, Miller Park, 7 to 9 p.m., mariachi music
Friday, Aug. 31
- Carnival Wristband Night, Miller Park, 6 to 10 p.m., $20 per person, purchase a wristband and ride all of the rides
- Miller Park food booths, 6 to 10 p.m.
¢ Live Music at Miller Park, 7 to 10 p.m., country music (band to be announced).
Sons of the Confederate Vets, Miller Park
Saturday, Sept. 1
- Car show, Miller Park "A" Field, 8 a.m. to noon, judging begins at 1 p.m.
- Kid's Parade,from Peoria to Shawnee on 83rd St. 9:30 a.m.
- De Soto Days Parade, downtown at 10 a.m.
- Music In Miller Park from Kaw Prairie Community Church, following the parade until 11:45 a.m.
- Children's balloon artist, Miller Park, following the parade for two hours.
- Trolley rides from Miller Park gazebo, after parade to 6 p.m.
- Craft and commercial booths, Miller Park - B Field, 11 a.m.
¢ VFW Bingo, Miller Park, all day after parade
- Sons of the Confederate Vets, Miller Park
- Kansas River Gang, Miller Park - T-ball (C) Field, noon, 2 p.m. and 4 p.m.
- Carnival Wristband Night at Miller Park, 6 to 10 p.m., $20 per person
- Adam Wyatt Blue's Band, Miller Park, B Ball Field
Time: 7 to 9 p.m.
- Black Oak Arkansas band, Miller Park, B Ball Field
Time: 9:30 to 11 p.m.
Dates, times, activities and prices are subject to change. Visit desotoks.org for updates