4-H club visits cider mill
Members of the Pioneer 4-H Club attended services Oct. 8 at De Soto United Methodist Church.
The 4-Hers wanted to show their appreciation for the church's generosity in allowing the club to hold meetings at the church. Afterward, the club traveled to the Louisburg Apple Cider Mill. While there, they took a tour to see how the cider is made and got to sample some as well.
Some of the 4-Hers said they thought the cider was excellent and the way it is made is "pretty cool."
The Pioneer 4-H Club had its annual achievement awards potluck dinner.
Pioneer Community Leader Denise King gave out awards for participation, community service, fair projects and leadership services.
-- Morgan Riley, reporter
More like this story
- Kansas state workers could be furloughed if budget delayed
- KCC workers opt to leave civil service for pay raises
- Mature Living: Government: No benefit hike for Social Security next year
- Kansas House approves new tax plan after governor’s plea
- Kansas Senate can't pass tax plan, despite looming threats