Flu vaccine available Tuesday
Johnson County Health Department will offer a flu clinic Tuesday, Nov. 16, and encourages all high-risk individuals to attend.
The health department will administer 450 doses of vaccine for those who live or work in Johnson County or are a Kansas resident. The vaccine will be available starting at 8:30 a.m. at the health department, 6000 Lamar, Suite 140.
The vaccine is available to:
- All children aged 6 - 23 months
- Adults 65 years and older
- Persons 2 - 64 with underlying chronic medical conditions
- All women who will be pregnant during influenza season
- Residents of nursing homes and long term care facilities
¢ Children 6 months to 18 years of age on chronic aspirin therapy
- Health care workers with direct patient care
- Out-of-home caregivers and household contacts of children aged 6 months and younger.
WHEN: 8:30 a.m., November 16, 2004
WHERE: Johnson County Health Department
6000 Lamar, Suite 140.