Two injured in K-10 accident
A four-month-old girl was in serious condition Wednesday at Children's Mercy Hospital in Kansas City, Mo., after a traffic accident in De Soto Tuesday.
Lt. Calvin Hayden of the Johnson County Sheriff's Department said the baby was conscious and alert during the Lifeflight helicopter ride to the hospital.
Although seatbelts appeared to have been in use, he said the infantwas ejected from a two-door Firebird. He said the accident apparently involved one car, driven by a Lawrence woman whom authorities took to Overland Park Regional Medical Center.
Authorities would not release the names of the victims and would not say if the woman and the infant were related.
Lt. Larry Baxter of the De Soto Fire Department said the car, which had extensive damage, was traveling east on K-10. He said the accident happened on the bridge over the Lexington Avenue at the De Soto exit.
More like this story
- 1 woman killed, 3 people injured in Monday morning's K-10 accident
- De Soto woman killed, at least one other person injured, in accident on K-10 between Eudora, De Soto Monday night
- Eudora boy recovering after weekend dune buggy accident
- Coker injured in K-10 accident
- Kansas Highway Patrol investigates whether drugs contributed to double-fatality Saturday afternoon on K-10